пятница, 26 августа 2016 г.

There are several easy methods for creating homemade cinnamon-scented pine cones.

There are several easy methods for creating homemade cinnamon-scented pine cones.


There are several easy methods for creating homemade cinnamon-scented pine cones.


Thanks for this, will enjoy trying it, Have collected and displayed pine cones for 40+ years. It never occured to me they were perceived by some as a health risk, I Iet them open naturally and have never seen a bug or suffered any life threatening illness from their 'bacteria'. Don't know what the opposite of a germophobe is, but guess I'm one.


I bet you don't get sick very often, either! I grew up with dogs and played in the dirt. I take my vitamins and hardly ever get sick! =D


Sometimes add some glue on the edges and sprinkle with glitter.


Just found a way to save myself $20 plus dollars in the winter by making my own scented pinecones instead of buying them at the store for a fraction of the cost. Its all about saving money to me any more.


nice!


Wow we need to do this for 4-6 weeks thats a long process! Can we just do it for one week :P


Hi Cus, how things going? I think the info below via Jim Cotter is right. I used Cinnamon to get rid of any ants from last them coming inside last summer, so I think Jim is right. I don't think it kills the ants but they hate the smell of it so left. All was good! Hope ur doing great!


Will pin this and will be finding some pinecones!!!


why can you not give print recipe.


bellissima idea grazie


since you dry them to open them up wide ( & kill any possible bugs)- doesn't the water oil mixture that's sprayed on them close them back up while they're inside the bag??


thank you so much ..I have always loved the scented cones but never knew how to do them .this is great..


You don't need to heat pines cones that are to be refreshed. Bugs and bacteria have already been killed and the cones are still opened. you can go straight to step 2 then step 3 to begin the process. Cinnamon is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and should destroy any household bacteria that may have accumulated I simply rinse off the cones with hot water to remove any dust. or dip in a hot soapy water and rinse if there is any grime on the cones. Let the cones thoroughly dry before beginning the infusion process.


I want to make my own cinnamon essential oil. I have the curls of the bark. How can I use them?


Thank you for posting/sharing! :) <3


My question is- there is cinnamon bark or cinnamon leaf essential oil? Is there a preference for this craft? Thanks!


While scent preferences are subjective, perfume houses consider cinnamon-bark essential oil preferable to the lighter, less-intense scent of cinnamon-leaf oil, notes author Mandy Aftel in her book \"Essence and Alchemy.\" Home crafters may prefer the lighter and less expensive cinnamon-leaf oil for body products and potpourri. The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy warns that if you do seek the deeper, longer-lasting scent of cinnamon-bark essential oil, check carefully to ensure that the producer hasn't blended the less-expensive leaf oil into the mixture as a cost-cutting measure. ---- from livestrong.com


You might want to avoid cassia (cinnamon) leaf essential oil..... I haven't smelled the bark oil, but when I made candles last year with a number of different scents (pine, lavender, clove, peppermint, citrus), I had to stop using the really strong cassia because it was giving me terrible headaches.


the producer will not tell you if he has or has not cut it with less expensive oil....


love cinnamon and pinecones. cool autumn decoration


thank you so much!!! i have always wanted to make my own, did not know how.


Hey thanks!!! I can't wait to do this! :)


that's a lot less expensive. I am going to Ky. in a few days and will bring some home.


I have wanted to do this for a while but was unsure how to do it. Thanks


Thanks for this easy DIY project. I love the scent of the cinnamon pine cones and will now not have to wait until they are in the stores.


I love those scented pinecones at the stores, but they never are quite strong enough when I get them home. I am going to try making my own and see how that works.


Where do you get the cinnamon sent


Is that 200 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius?


Fahrenheit.


thanks! (Australian here :) )


Cinnamon-scented pine cones can be purchased at craft stores for around $10, but you can make them at home for just a fraction of the cost. Go pine cone gathering in your neighborhood and bring home as many as you want. Start this project well in advance of when you need them because it takes between four and six weeks for the pine cones to properly infuse the cinnamon scent.


Things You'll Need


Pine cones


Aluminum foil (optional)


Cookie sheet


Resealable plastic bags (large)


Cinnamon essential oil


Spray bottle


Cinnamon sticks (optional)


Step 1


Use an old cookie sheet or place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet that you use often. Place as many pine cones on the cookie sheet that will fit in a single layer. Put the cookie sheet on the middle rack in a preheated 200 degree oven for about an hour. The pine cones should open up during this time, if they are still tightly closed. This cooking process also kills any bugs and other bacteria that may be living in the pine cones. Let them completely cool.


Step 2


Place the cooled pine cones in a large resealable plastic bag. Make sure there is enough room to securely close the bag.


Step 3


Put a few drops of the essential oil and just a bit of water in the spray bottle, shake and then generously spray the pine cones. Close the bag and shake it to mix the oil with the pine cones. Open the bag and spray again, once more closing and shaking the bag.


Step 4


Leave the bag tightly closed for four to six weeks to infuse the pine cones with the scent. Shake the bag every week or so to distribute the oil scent.


Tips & Warnings


Add cinnamon sticks or whole cloves to the bag to add additional scent.


Take care not to burn the pine cones in the oven.


References


All Free Crafts: Scented Pine Cones


Easy Homemade Recipes: Easy Scented Pine Cones Recipe


Food:Cinnamon-Scented Pine Cones


Original article and pictures take http://www.ehow.com/how_7683297_make-cinnamon-scented-pinecones.html?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_content=inline&crlt.pid=camp.ucumueqXB7m8 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий