среда, 15 июня 2016 г.

OPI Washington DC Collection

OPI Washington DC Collection


OPI Washington DC Collection


I'm loving this collection and seeing as I'm a huge fan of DC... and love the places I've visitied, I love this a lot.


I'm a sucker for vampy shades and there are so many I love in this collection!


These shades are perfect for fall, and idk why but I'm drawn to that super bright yellow. What a great toe color!


I love the names in this collection! And the shades, too - Fall collections are always the best!


This collection is fabulous


You've got me wanting to wear a few of these shades again (I've been waiting for more autumn-like weather!)


I love Fall collections so much! I have a few of these on my list to pick up, soon.


Some very pretty shades in this collection.


I absolutely LOVE Kerry Blossom!


Love the reds and blue. I guess I'm just patriotic.


These are nice colors but I don't really see any that I would need to add to my permanent collection.


I think it's a very nice fall collection. I love We The Female, We the Peach, Inside the Isabelle Way and a couple of others


Get ready for a picture heavy post folks because the new OPI Washington DC Collection is home to 12 new permanent shades and 3 limited edition colors! This fall/winter 2016 collection is special because the gorgeous Kerry Washington is a collaborator on the project! I was so excited to see that Kerry was in on this because she is such an inspirational, strong role model for girls and women alike. Not only is she beautiful and stylish, but she is also known to speak out against photoshopping and is an activist to help end violence against women. #girlcrush anyone?


Let’s get to the lacquers though, shall we? OPI’s latest collection gives a dramatic, sophisticated spin on classic fall colors. This is an all cream collection and for the most part the formulas were fantastic. I used 2 coats in all of my photos, except for a few which I will note in the description.


OPI Washington DC Collection


STAY OFF THE LAWN!!


Stay Off The Lawn!! is a deep, lush teal green. Obviously in reference to the White House lawn, which is a big no-no to go on. (Yet some idiots still try!)


NEVER A DULLES MOMENT


Never a Dulles Moment is a bright, cheery yellow. This is a nod to the Dulles International Airport which is located in Washington DC. I needed 3 thin coats.


YANK MY DOODLE


Yank My Doodle is a tawny copper orange. The name just kills me LOL, but it is referring to the popular song “Yankee Doodle.”


SQUEAKER OF THE HOUSE


Squeaker of the House is a light chocolate brown.


MADAM PRESIDENT


Madam President is a vibrant pink/red.


WE THE FEMALE


We the Female is a gorgeous garnet red. I love this shade!


SUZI – THE FIRST LADY OF NAILS


Suzi – The First Lady Of Nails is a chic olive green. This is another favorite of mine and the name pays homage to Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the co-founder and brand ambassador of OPI!


PALE TO THE CHIEF


Pale to the Chief is a pale, pearly nude.


FREEDOM OF PEACH


Freedom of Peach is a creamy pumpkin orange that is perfect for fall


SHH… IT’S TOP SECRET!


Shh… It’s Top Secret! is a deep, dark brown


OPI BY POPULAR VOTE


OPI by Popular Vote is a cool fuchsia-red.


CIA = COLOR IS AWESOME


CIA = Color is Awesome is a dark, dusky blue.


3 LIMITED EDITION SHADES


KERRY BLOSSOM


Kerry Blossom is a rich plum cream. I needed 3 thin coats with this color. The name is a nod to Kerry Washington and a play on “Cherry Blossom” trees, which Washington DC is famous for. I actually really want to go the the festival next year!


“LIV” IN THE GRAY


“Liv” in the Gray is a cool, dark gray. This name references Kerry’s character Olivia Pope which she plays in the TV show Scandal.


INSIDE THE ISABELLETWAY


Inside the ISABELLEtway is a warm caramel crème. The name combines her daughters name (Isabelle) and DC’s famous beltway interstate.


Wow, thats quite a collection don’t you think?! I really like 95% of these shades, but the ones that stand out to me the most are: Suzi – The First Lady of Nails, We the Female, CIA = Color is Awesome, Freedom of Peach, and Pale to the Chief!


Each of these retail for $10 and you can find them at Ulta Beauty online and in store. You can also find mini sets of select colors ($14.50), as well as a mini pack of the 3 limited edition shades ($10.95)


Original article and pictures take http://thefemininefiles.com/2016/08/23/opi-washington-dc-collection/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий