среда, 30 марта 2016 г.

How to Use Dave’s Allocated Spending Plan

How to Use Dave’s Allocated Spending Plan


How to Use Dave’s Allocated Spending Plan


We read Dave’s book, but I’ve never used this worksheet before! I’ll have to take a look and see how our income vs. spending matches up. Thanks, Jessi!


~Abby =)


I am definitely going to give this a try, we are now only being paid twice monthly and for some reason I can’t wrap my head around budgeting for that. Thank you!


It can be such an adjustment when there’s a change in pay! You’ll get it figured out.


My fiance gets paid weekly and I get paid bi-weekly. Do we do the allocated spending form in place of the monthly budget form? How can I put what the income will be for each check if I don’t know what the amount will be ahead of time?


I use the monthly budget form for myself every 2 weeks. Is there an easier way to do this? I’m kind of tired of doing it every two weeks, but I feel like I’ll get confused if I get away from doing a budget every two weeks.


Hi Jessica! Dave’s allocated form is just a tool to help you manage your money, you should definitely still keep to your budget. If you don’t what your income will be ahead of time, use your best estimate/expected amount. Personally, I think keeping up with a budget weekly is the best option as it will most likely keep you from overspending. However, you should always work at trying to figure out a way that best suits you and your needs. If your budget has too many categories, for example, it has a clothing category broken out into winter clothes, summer clothes, kids clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. I have found that keeping broader categories helps me keep my budget organized and is easier to account for, therefore, in the above example, I just have a clothing category instead of all of the smaller ones. I hope this helps!


This is kind of what I do. My husband has a regular paycheck at his day job, but we are also both self-employed, so the other income is variable. I budget one month at a time, but then fill out the expenses weekly. We always save non-essential spending for the end of the month, after all the bills are paid.


Keri Houchin recently posted…Spring print and color bookmarks


can you share your colorful budget planner? I like it better then the first one. I’m hoping it will make budgeting a bit more enjoyable! Thanks!!


Hi Jenn! Are you speaking of the allocated spending plan from this post or my budget worksheets? I actually do not have the file to the allocated spending plan that is originally from this post due to my old computer’s mother board crashing and taking it down with it. I now just use Excel for Dave’s spending plan. My budget worksheets are from my book if that it what you are referring to: http://thebudgetmama.com/build-budget-works


Have you ever used Dave Ramsey’s Allocated Spending Plan when determining your cash flow for the month? It can be a real eye opener, especially if you’re living paycheck to paycheck.


Determine your pay periods for the month. Depending on when you get paid you will enter in the pay date at the top. Next you fill in your income for that pay date. If you and someone else in your home bring in an income make sure you’re including their pay periods and paycheck amount. You can just add that amount to your paycheck amount for one lump sum total.


Determine your expenses and how much you have left over out of that pay period. For example, you get paid $600 with your first pay period for the month and your mortgage is due which is $600. You simply subtract the 600 from the 600 which leaves you a zero balance for the rest of that pay period. Therefore, if you don’t have any money in savings or a built up cash reserve in your checking account, you won’t be able to pay any other bills, shop, buy groceries, etc until the next pay period.


You would continue this same process for all pay periods. If you plan to utilize a zero balance budget, then every pay period should end up with a zero balance. For example, if in pay period three you have $20 left over from paying expenses and there’s no other expense that needs to be paid, you would apply that $20 elsewhere (this could be your emergency fund, clothing fund, slush fund, etc)


Original article and pictures take http://thebudgetmama.com/2013/08/how-to-use-daves-allocated-spending-plan.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий