понедельник, 11 января 2016 г.

DIY Vanilla Latte Soap

DIY Vanilla Latte Soap


DIY Vanilla Latte Soap


the soap is stunning – a wonderful gift!!


Thanks, lady!!!


Davida I LOVE this! 1. I’m a beauty DIY freak. 2. I love coffee-scented anything – so to literally BATHE in coffee is just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!


ME TOO!!! It’s like a dream being able to smell like coffee all day!


I just purchased a batch of goats milk m&p and have been pondering my first project – this is perfect! So simple and so pretty!


Thanks for sharing!


YAY! You’ll have to let us know if you make it


YUM! This sounds heavenly…and EASY. Thanks!


Your soap is so delicious looking. Not the best word to describe soap but it is. WOW. Makes me want grab a couple forks coffees and a friend and dig in. I bet it smells divine.


Thanks for sharing.


Darlene in Nova Scotia, Canada


Haha It looks so good it could be edible, right?!


Hi again, kind of you to give your recipe. Thanks I will be making this beauty. I am curious about your mold, where do you get it and did you spray with mineral oil it before you put your soap in?


Hi Darlene, I got my mould from the dollar store but most craft stores also sell them. I sprayed it with rubbing alcohol to prevent bubbles but you could also spray some mineral oil if you desire. Thanks!


Thanks so much Davida. I haven’t seen them at out Dollar stores but I am going to take a harder look. It is a nice size. Thanks for sharing so kindly.


Darlene


Could you post recipe ingredients if I wanted to make some from scratch and not used already made bars?


Thank you


Hi Laura. It’s quite a labor-intensive process (and can be somewhat dangerous) for making soap from scratch so we tend to avoid it. We use quality melt and pour soap from vegetable glycerin made from mostly coconut oil. There’s tons of sites out there that can walk you through the process of making soap from scratch and then you can use that in place of the melt and pour. Thanks so much!


hi i am new to soap making so this could be a stupid question…when it says vanilla beans… does that mean whole beans or sticks ? sorry confused and would love to make this!


thank you


If you open up the sticks you’ll find the tiny beans inside! Scoop those out then discard the sticks. Hope this helps!


Where did you get the vanilla beans?


click the link in the ingredients and it will take you to where I ordered them from. Enjoy!!


How much is 3 cups glycerin soap? How many ounces, hard or melted? I have a 32 oz block.


This looks good enough to eat! I can’t wait to make this!


So beautiful! i cant wait to make it. i plan on making alot. so i bought in bulk (bulkapothecary.com/categories/soap-making-supplies.html ) LOL! i am really looking forward to giving these away at a bridal shower i am throwing! thanks so much


Just one question. Do I use instant coffee or ground coffee bean? Or does it matters, cos instant coffee will desolve completely and the other won’t thanks


Whole Latte Love Crochet Top


[…] i am really looking forward to giving these away at a bridal shower i am throwi […]


We’re on DIY fire this week! On Monday Lee posted her tutorial for a DIY crocheted infinity scarf and today I’m posting this DIY Vanilla Latte Soap. Originally we had another post planned, but as soon as I made this soap I knew I had to share it.


My good friend Zan came over last weekend and we spent a couple of hours making this soap. We took the hack version (melt and pour vegetable glycerin) of soap making since I don’t want any of you burning your eyebrows off playing around with lye.


One day we’ll get into the real stuff, but for now let’s keep our eyebrows.


If you’re a french press coffee drinker like I am then you’ve probably wondered if there was any way you could repurpose all of those leftover coffee grinds you end up dumping each day. I did some digging and discovered there are SO many things you can do with hose leftover grinds. More ways to include coffee in my life? HALLELUJAH.


One of these ways includes using it on your body. I know it may seem strange to use coffee in beauty products, but it’s actually very good for your skin. Here are a few reasons why you need to be dousing your body in coffee:


-It’s an amazing exfoliant. Adios dry skin!


-It helps to reduct inflammation and puffiness.


-It improves circulation to bring fresh blood to that area


-It’s smells like perfection.


So now that I’ve convinced you that you need to make this soap, it’s time I teach you how to do it.


First, here’s what you need.


-3 cups vegetable glycerin soap (melt-and-pour soap) – you can either buy this in cubes or in bars


-2 T coconut oil, melted


-1/3 cup coffee grounds of choice


-1 vanilla bean, beans scraped from pod


–rubbing alcohol – helps to prevent bubbles.


-plastic or silicone soap mould – I used a plastic pencil holder from the dollar store but this mould would be ideal


1. Chop glycerin soap into small chunks


2. Place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Stir and then continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted. This will take a couple of minutes.


3. Stir in melted coconut oil and vanilla beans


4. Spray your soap mould(s) with rubbing alcohol.


5. Add coffee grounds in an even layer to the mould.


6. Top with melted glycerin mixture until just covering beans. Use a spoon to stir coffee grounds in with soap.


7. Pour remaining glycerin mixture on top. Some coffee grounds may float to the top.


8. Spray with rubbing alcohol.


9. Place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.


10. Carefully remove from mould and using a knife, slice into 3 bars


Original article and pictures take http://www.sheuncovered.com/2015/01/diy-vanilla-latte-soap/#_a5y_p=3182371 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий